Training starts March 2019, please apply today so we can begin the Airside Pass application process.
Training £8.78ph (2 Weeks)
Probation: £11.00ph (Weeks 3 -12)
Standard rate: £12.58ph (13 weeks+)
Weekly Pay in and rate is inclusive of holiday pay
30 Hour contract
Baggage Handlers are primarily responsible for ensuring passengers’ bags are loaded and unloaded safely, efficiently and in good time
The main duties of a Baggage Handler/ Ramp Agent include but are not limited to:
• Loading and unloading of baggage
• Operating a variety of machinery and equipment including baggage loader belts
• No experience is necessary, however ideally you would have manual labouring with experience loading and unloading items up to 32Kilos
• Be flexible with working hours (able to work days, nights & weekends)
• Must be hardworking & reliable with an excellent work ethic
• Have no criminal convictions
• A Full UK Driving Licence is essential
Due to the location of work being at the airport you must qualify. Therefore, we need the following information from you:
• 5-year checkable history (employment, self-employment, education or benefit claim)
• 5-year UK address history
• Valid photo ID (Driving licence accepted for British citizens)
• Criminal Record Check (Cost of £25) to be applied for if you are successful at interview
• Attend 2 weeks paid training
Health & Safety
• You are required to complete a Security exam and therefore need to display you understand Health & Safety practices, therefore you will need to demonstrate you have a good understanding and communicate clearly in both written and verbal English.
• Use safe work practices relating to driving (e.g. loading and unloading the vehicle & adjusting the seat/controls)
• Ensure the health and safety of themselves and any other person who may be affected by their driving activities
• There is a lot of manual handling of materials including pushing and pulling of equipment. You will need to be physically fit and able to carry out this role; the Airport is a large environment and you will often be required to walk long distances between work station
You will be given a roster during your training, which will cover a mixture of early, day, late and night shifts so you must be flexible with your working hours.
You will be rostered on for 30hrs per week.
A full 5-year Airside Pass (Whilst you are working with JBS)
An Airside Driving Permit
Discounted travel & free parking
Airside & Landside discounts (inducing shops & restaurants)